The Humanist Institute is offering on-site training for individuals who are already celebrants or desiring to become Humanist Celebrants. Register Online Today!
Saturday, March 11, 2017
Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center
178 Ryders Lane
New Brunswick, NJ 08901 United States
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Learn how to prepare unique and inspiring humanist wedding ceremonies
- Find out how to care for individuals nearing the end of life and support their families during this time
- Discover what makes a humanist memorial service so different
- Gain an understanding of how humanists celebrate life events and milestones
- Learn how to get in the queue for giving local meeting invocations, and some examples of appropriate versus inappropriate things to say when invited to do so
- Acquire knowledge on what the Humanist Society has to offer
10:00 to 10:30 am: Welcome & Introductions
10:30 to 12:00 pm: Weddings
12:00 to 1:00 pm: Lunch (Provided) & Discussion
1:00 to 2:30 pm: End of Life Preparation & Memorials
2:30 to 3:00 pm: Invocations
3:00 to 3:30 pm: Baby Welcomings
3:30 to 4:00 pm: Coming of Age Celebrations
*All participants will be provided with supporting materials to begin (or add to) their personal library of resources i.e. sample ceremonies, suggested readings, creative ideas. Endorsed celebrants will be added to a local database.
Note: There are several other nearby hotel options, these are just two close options.
If you have questions about any of the event details, please visit: http://humanistinstitute.org/about-us/contact-us/
Trainers represent the broad spectrum of humanist identities such as Secular Humanist, Ethical Culture, and Unitarian Universalists from a Humanist perspective.